- retro-fitting of static pallet racking with BITO Adapta-Flow modules
- dynamic and highly flexible live storage system
Dachser counts among Europe‘s leading forwarders. Their logistics centre in Kempten features pallet racking which, at operator reach height, has been retro-fitted into a live storage system with BITO Adapta-Flow modules. These provide total flexibility for a dynamic response to changing requirements. Retro-fitting is very convenient and keeps assembly costs low: the modules which are equipped with roller tracks or conveyor rollers are simply placed onto the beams. Instead of six pallet positions per racking bay, there are now 50 lanes on which different product lines in packaging units of various types and sizes are presented to the order pickers.
- high degree of flexibility
- shorter order throughput times
- clearly defined areas for loading and retrieval ensure that order pickers are not disturbed by restocking
- direct and safe access
- adherence to FIFO principle.
- pallet racking retro-fitted with flow shelves at floor level height
- static pallet buffer on top
Since the 80s, Tegut in Fulda has been widening their product range by organic food. Meanwhile, the organic range includes 2500 stock lines which are kept in pallet racking according to their stock rotation frequency. In order to improve the picking volume, the levels in operator reach height have been retro-fitted with flow shelves. Upright adapters allowed fast and easy hook-in fitting of these live storage levels into the already existing pallet racking installations from BITO and from other manufacturers. The Tegut pallet racking facilities now combine easy access live storage lanes at floor level height and a huge product reserve in the static pallet buffer on top.
- enormous savings on time
- lower operating costs
- adherence to the FIFO principle
- the number of stock lines in direct access at the picking face has increased considerably and together with this picking performance as well.
© Elmas SRL