- installation with picking tunnel
- servicing with narrow aisle trucks
- pallet live storage buffer.
The static pallet positions are replenished by the live storage lanes on top which are inclined either to the right-hand or the left-hand loading aisle in order to feed the picking places on both sides of the picking tunnel according to the FIFO-principle. Picked goods are placed onto a powered roller conveyor lane in the middle of the picking tunnel. On the short side of the racking blocks, P&D stations facilitate handling of fully loaded pallets. Pallet loading and retrieval is done by narrow aisle trucks with telescopic forks. For this reason, the roller conveyor lanes are split at the loading side. The particularity of this installation is that the order picking tunnels and the narrow service aisles of the rail-guided VNA-trucks are very close together. For work safety, light barriers have been installed in the aisles.
- optimum utilisation of warehouse space with compact storage
- storage according to the FIFO principle in the live storage lanes
- high degree of flexibility to respond to product range modifications
- many picking positions on a small storage surface
- high levels of work safety due to separate loading and picking aisles
- operator friendly layout of the picking aisles allows convenient working
- facility combines mezzanines, pallet live storage and static shelving
- order picking directly off the pallet.
In order to cope with frequent changes in their product lines and permanently varying lot sizes, the logistics centre in Nuremberg needed a storage system capable of adjusting to strong fluctuations. The company‘s responsiveness to customer requirements has now been optimised with a multi-tier pallet live installation with lanes for double deep storage. The facility incorporates static shelving blocks on the ground floor for manual picking. This solution stocks a large product range a small surface area and provides flexibility to cope with fluctuating order volumes.
- simultaneous order picking on several tiers
- order picking directly off the pallet
- accommodation of a huge range of product lines
- random storage
- good floor space utilisation
- live storage lanes for double deep storage of Euro pallets handled long side on, pallet weight ranges between 70 and 1.000 kg
At their distribution location in Weilerswist, the huge order throughput is handled with a pallet live storage system. Stacker cranes equipped with tiltable telescope forks feed the pallets into the roller conveyor lanes with a 4% incline. The pallets move gravity-driven to the picking face where operators manually pick cartonised unit loads directly off the pallet. When all cartons have been picked, the operator will pull the empty pallet out of the lane into the aisle. This will automatically activate the load separator: the pallet stop which separates the picking pallet from the second pallet in the lane will hinge down, allowing the next pallet to move to the picking face.
- high picking performance
- short in-house travel routes
- automated replenishment.
- picking tunnel giving access to carton and pallet live storage lanes
- pallet buffer on top of the tunnel as well as in a separate live storage racking and in pallet racking
- cantilever racking for double sided use.
To allow immediate access to the products while maintaining the FIFO principle, the goods are stocked in carton and pallet live storage lanes which are inclined towards the central picking tunnel. The lanes are constantly restocked from the pallet buffer areas. The products are supplied in BITO plastic containers with pick opening, in factory packaging units as well as in sacks of manageable size stocked on Euro-pallets. Picking is aided by picking lists. Picked goods are placed into BITO multi-purpose containers sized 600 x 600 x 320 mm. As soon as an order has been completed, the containers are conveyed to the packing stations.
- short travel routes contribute to the high picking performance
- short order throughput times
- separate aisles for loading and retrieval allow operators to work undisturbed
- 6 metre deep lanes keep a sufficient quantity of products in reserve
- good utilisation of the headroom
- adherence to the FIFO principle
© Elmas SRL